It’s that time of year again, the holidays are almost upon us. If you’re anything like us, giving gifts is fun but trying to figure out what to buy causes an inordinate amount of stress. The team over here at Pika is here to help with that. We’ve put together a holiday gift guide for the loved ones in your life. Below are some items we have and love as well as some that are on our lists this year.
1. For the person who sets yearly mileage and elevation training goals, a Garmin watch is a must have. There are a ton of options depending on the sport or what the individual wants to track so we will let you decide which one is best.
2. Looking to support a small women owned business this season (besides Pika of course)? We recommend basically everything from Hoohah but especially love the fleece mock necks which are the perfect ski layer to wear under your jacket.
3. The older we get the more we are becoming fair weather skiers. Don’t blame us for not wanting to be cold on the mountain! These Hestra mittens are perfect for keeping your hands warm on cold days and the liner can be removed on those warm spring days that we are all looking forward to.
4. If there was one gift that we could say we want every year and will never be bummed to get, it’s new socks. Not sure if that’s just us (pretty sure it’s not) but we’ll get excited about every new pair of socks we get. Hands down our favorite sock brand is Darn Tough. They make durable, functional socks with awesome designs but the best part is their socks have a lifetime guarantee! Runner up brand for our favorite socks is Farm to Feet - highly recommend checking them out as well.
5. For anyone who has fallen on ice and broken an arm effectively putting them out for the ski season (we won’t name names), we recommend these Black Diamond Spikes good for running or hiking all winter long.
6. If any of your friends and family are not on the Vuori train yet, let this Alpine Waffle Beanie be their introduction to this amazing brand.
7. Looking for a new flannel to replace the one you’ve been wearing for years? We love this midweight flannel from Stio.
8. Not sure about you but we find comfortable, warm, easy to slip on camp shoes are harder to find than you would think. Look no further than these Haflinger clogs.
9. We all love camping and spending as much time as we can outdoors but that doesn’t mean we don’t want to sleep in on some of those adventures, right? We recommend this blackout sleep mask for those full moon camp nights or those days when you’re not getting after an early start.
10. And last but certainly not least, pick up one of Pika’s mystery boxes for those in your life who love adventure but could use a little help with organizing their gear.
Bonus Recommendation: “Soon to be Famous” Spicy Peanut sauce from Fire on the Mountain. No explanation on this one as the name says it all.